Based on the ever-popular f*&!ing mittens, our warming Rune Mittens keep your fingers warm and dry with the added power of bindrunes for warmth, joy, and comfort! The runic writing around each wrist reads “Winter Is Coming.” Sized to fit most adult hands, these mittens can be custom ordered in any color combination you like…even some gradients and stripes if you’re looking for something a little more stealthy or flashy.
Not sure what kind of fiber or which color to get? Click the links to see color options for each fiber.
- Wool: This is the workhorse of winter knitting. It is extremely warm, and is also water-resistant, keeping your hands warm even when covered with snow. The downside of straight wool is that it must be hand-washed; it will felt and shrink if washed in a machine. Available wool and wool-blend options include:
- Superwash Wool: This fiber blends the warmth and some of the water-repellant features of wool with the machine-washable and wear-resistant characteristics of fiber, creating washable mittens in bright colors that can last for several seasons. Available superwash blends include:
- Alpaca: Made from llama fur, alpaca yarn is extremely soft, and like wool it is warm and water-resistant. Also like wool, it must be hand-washed. However, for some people who are allergic to wool, alpaca can sometimes be an option that won’t cause problems. Alpaca color options include:
Please note: Mitten orders can take up to two weeks to ship.
Why pay so much for a pair of mittens?
- Believe it or not, these mittens will keep your hands warmer than virtually anything you can buy in the store, and will last for 2-4 seasons. Solinox began researching pre-modern techniques for dealing with winter when moving to Michigan from Texas back in 2003, and has not bought a manufactured mitten for the family since then. These are the mittens you’ve been looking for!
- The yarn for each pair of mittens runs from $8 up to $40/pair depending on the yarn.
- Each pair of mittens takes a minimum of 8 hours of knitting time, with Solinox at her competition-winning speed of 60 stitches/minute. How much is your time worth?
Treat yourself to something special today! We will make sure you approve of the yarn colors before beginning, and you’ll get updates until your mittens head out the door!
There are no reviews yet.