Folklore / Witchcraft / Pennsylvania Dutch History
Simple, Effective Folk Magic for All Ages!
You don’t need a temple, prior experience or a lot of money to benefit from the magical system of the early American settlers, but you do need a desire to heal, effect positive change and increase prosperity in your life! Pennsylvania Dutch Country Magick — or “Pow-Wow” — is a 300-year-old mix of Christian faith healing, Wiccan practice, and Old Teutonic and Native American magicks that followers of any faith can safely apply to the problems of modern life. Without a great demand on your time and energy, HexCraft reveals how to use Pow-Wow’s simple techniques and easy chants to heal, protect, work spells, and prosper.
Many of the necessary tools of Pow-Wow — like string, stone, plants, water and cloth — are probably in your home right now!
- Learn the powerful Pow-Wow system through step-by-step instruction
- Effectively deal with difficult people through folk magic expertise
- Get advice from a Magic Mirror
- Heal burns with the Dragon Chant
- Eliminate headaches with a Divinity stone
- Keep cross dogs at bay with a simple charm
- Enliven celebrations with traditional recipes like Funnel Cake, Apples and Buttons and Schnitzel Beans
- Find the necessary magic tools right in your own home!
Silver RavenWolf is director of both the Wiccan/Pagan Press Alliance and Witches Against Religious Discrimination. A regular contributor of articles and illustrations to newspapers and books, Silver is a Third Degree Craft Initiate and HexCraft instructor. She is author of To Ride A Silver Broomstick and Beneath a Mountain Moon, also published by Llewellyn.